Here, we have a list of 15 fat burning foods which can help us in more than one ways in achieving our fat loss goals.
They help us remain full for a longer period of time while they provide our body with essential minerals and vitamins to support our digestive systems, our cardiovascular systems, our immune systems and generally provide a far greater service than simply helping us toss fat off our bodies.
Something that is of great importance is that all 15 fat burning foods are usually found in virtually every kitchen or if not, they can be found at your next block grocery store.
• Oranges. Rich in Vitamin C, oranges belong to the family of
citrus fruits, which can be used to improve the function of our immune
system in general. Evidence of the effectiveness of oranges in a fat
loss process is found in a research published in Current Therapeutic
Research magazine (Volume 60, Issue 3, March 1999, Pages 145–153).
Eating an orange or a couple of tangerines for breakfast can be a very
smart idea for more effective fat loss.
• Apples. Probably, the most well known and commonly used fruit among others of the 15 fat burning foods. They can slightly elevate glucose levels in our blood, this way making us feel full for a longer period of time. In addition, apples also belong to the list of negative calorie foods, rich in soluble fiber that is very good for normalizing the function of our digestive system.
• Grapefruit. Like other citrus fruits, grapefruits are among the most effective both on the general list of foods as well as on the list of the 15 fat burning foods, mentioned here. Traditionally they are used in many fat loss diets. A diet rich in grapefruits is certainly fat loss oriented as these fruits are great natural metabolism boosters and cholesterol fighters, they contain a small amount of calories, and they are rich in vitamin C.
• Leafy Greens such as Spinach, kale, broccoli, cabbage, collard greens, and other leafy vegetables play an important role among the foods that increase metabolism. They are rich in minerals (magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium, and others) and vitamins (Vitamins C, B group, K, and E), low in calories and are considered excellent sources of soluble fiber.
• Salmon. One of the most effective and healthy of the 15 fat burning foods, salmon, among other oily fish, should be consumed by every one of us at least 2-3 times a week. It is packed with proteins, vitamin D, vitamin A, zinc, anti-oxidants and Omega 3 fatty acids and it can surely assist in increasing metabolism.
• Turkey. It is low in carbs and fat, but very rich in proteins. The aspects of protein digestion have been studied by C. W. Crane and his expert team. They found that proteins take more time to be digested, make us feel full for a longer period of time and help us spend more energy stored in our body as fat (Postgrad Medical Journal, 1961 December; 37(434): 745–754).
• Lean beef.
Arguably, one of the tastiest options on the list of our 15 fat burning
foods. Red meat with parts with low-fat composition is considered to
have reduced amounts of saturated fat and the best form of protein which
can be found in foods. Additionally they are ideal for elevating our
iron percentages in the blood for those who suffer from iron deficiency
• Oats. They are known as the best option for a healthy breakfast. Oat bran and oatmeal can provide our body with great portions of insoluble fiber, which not only is necessary for the proper function of the gastrointestinal system, but also provides a perfect starter for an active day as it keeps us feeling full for a longer period of time than most other options (according to the findings published in European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, June 1993, 47, 409-418).
• Green Tea. This is a beverage with absolutely amazing fat burning and anti-aging properties. According to scientists green tea can be used by everyone along with other fat burning foods to improve cholesterol levels, boost metabolism, detoxify our bodies and promote fat loss in general.
• Skimmed Milk and Low-Fat Dairy Products. They are rich in calcium, and according to the British Journal of Nutrition (Mar 2009, Volume 101, Issue 05, Pages 659- 663), calcium plays a significant role in boosting metabolism and more effective calorie burning.
• Soy Beans. Among the tastiest and beneficial fat burning foods, soy beans are extremely popular in the modern world of healthy eating. Rich in minerals (calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, iron, and others), vitamins (vitamin C and vitamin B complex) and totally fat-free, soy beans are a great source of natural fiber and protein.
• Whole grains. The consumption of them can be very effective for fat loss as it takes a lot of energy to digest whole grains. According to a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (January 2008; vol 87(1): 79- 80), whole grains are especially effective for abdominal fat loss.
• Lentils. Low in calories and rich in dietary fiber, lentils are a great natural source of dietary fiber. Other nutrients in lentils include potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B6.
• Cayenne Peppers.
It contains Capsaicin, which is a natural substance known for its
incredible stimulant properties allowing it to be useful at increasing
metabolism and bringing a faster fat loss result. In addition to that, a
study published in Physiology & Behavior (March 2011) found that
when consumed by people who are not used to eating spicy foods then it
works as a hunger suppressant.
• Egg Whites. A personal favourite out of the whole list of 15 fat burning foods for everyone who is weight training systematically. That is because they are the best form of pure protein that can be found in foods. They contain a minimum amount of calories, almost all of which come from proteins. They are rich in minerals like potassium, and it is definitely recommended in any fat loss diet. However, we need to keep in mind that we need a healthy diet too, therefore, we must not forget that we must consume natural foods in their whole form. Egg whites are not whole. The whole form are eggs and the consumption of eggs should be limited to no more than 4-5 eggs per week, always organic, whereas in egg whites there is no limit. The limitation in eggs exists due to the fact that they can increase cholesterol levels.
Fat Fighters Newsletter
and receive for FREE
a copy of...
...that will provide you with the absolutely necessary to, finally, reveal your abs!